Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What is it with my son?

Not to get too graphic here, but he refuses to do #2 on the potty. He has been perfect about potty training for like 3 weeks now, no accidents or anything....except for that. We'll find him in a corner or behind the desk chair and we have to race him to the toilet. Just now I heard him in the dining room, I look over there and sure enough. Red faced and all. So I tell him he needs to go potty, he screams no, ducks under the dining room chair, because after all, I can't see him under there. So I go to get him, bring him into the bathroom tell him to go potty, and he says "Oh. This." Yes son, that's where you go 5 -10 times a day everyday....not anything new. So he gets on and it's like I'm torturing him. He screams and cries and begs to get off, tells me he's done, anything to get off. I don't get this!?! Any advice? He doesn't act scared, and doesn't tell us he's scared. He finally will calm down enough and sit there until something happens. Right now he's singing. Why can't he just go there in the first place?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry. No suggestions--but I have to say, I find that hi-stinkin-larious! Sorry to have a laugh at your expense... but when I have kids, I give you license to laugh at me and Jon all you want to make up for this moment ;)

Kelly Merrell said...

Yeah, I remembered that your son's name was Kai! So, what do you think about that name, duh, I'm sure you love it. How do people react to the spelling? It's not difficult for people to pronounce when they read it, is it? It is totally our favorite name, and I'm leaning more to the spelling 'Kai'.

Jolene said...

So far we haven't had any problems with anyone pronouncing it. In Nursery they want to spell it Ky until they see the records, but so far everyone seems to really like it. They are always surprised by the spelling, but say they love it...so who knows! I like it because it is different, and looks cool!

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

I have heard so many stories about number 2 on the potty. It's just different, some how. Just be patient, it will get better. Taya had a litle struggle with it as well.