Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun Stuff

So it's been a pretty crazy past couple of days.....I'll let the pictures explain.






So that's my hand....in a cast...isn't that the craziest cast you've ever seen? Yeah, so 5 weeks ago I was playing volleyball....spiked a ball and felt pain in my thumb. It was painful ever since...it never got better, and I would keep hitting my thumb over and over every day, re-injuring it. So I finally went into the doctor at the end of last week, and I tore a ligament in my thumb. He said if I had come in right away after my injury, I would have been in a cast for 6 weeks. Now I have to be in it for 4 weeks.....so now I had 5 weeks of excruciating pain, then a cast for 4 weeks. Oh well. It feels really great now, because I can't move it, so that part is fantastic. But I feel pretty retarded, a grown woman in a cast. Cameron tried to get me to do hot pink...but I felt blue was more dignified! What do you think?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jo! That's terrible!!!! I have an aversion to doctor's too... but still! Ouch!!

P.S.
I like the blue better than the pink.

Ben and Dena said...

Well, you know me, ANYTHING hot pink is pretty much my best friend! :) I'm glad it's feeling better!!!

Charla and Jarom said...

I totally would have gone for blue too :) Way more dignified. We couldn't get Haleigh to go poop on the potty either she would hold it for days until she actually got constipated and it actually hurt. What worked for her was a sticker chart. We made a big calendar and decorated it with her help and picked out her favorite stickers. She got a little sticker to put on the day for pee pee and a big huge sticker for going poop. Good Luck!

Charla and Jarom said...

P.S. We also gave her suckers! Dum Dums are like the best invention in the world. They serve all sorts of purpose with kids :)

Randi said...

You crack me up. I would never even THINK about spiking a ball. I can barely bump it.
I love that you play like that!