Monday, August 2, 2010

Some sort of crazy.....

I must be some sort of crazy! We are signing another year lease on our place (which yes, feels crazy but unfortunately no other options) so I decided I might as well have fun with this place. So I redid my dining room. We hardly ever use it, so I thought if I livened it up a bit we'd want to be in there! Well it's been livened up a bit...and it's pretty fun! My favorite part is the dining room chairs...they turned out better than I had hoped! And just as a disclaimer, I would not do this in a "real" house, but it's so fun and I have nothing to lose in this house! So crazy it is!

Dining chairs. I found them on craigslist for $5 a piece..well a little less because I got all 5 for $22. Then I recovered and repainted them. SO fun.

Before:


After:



The dining room before. You can see why we didn't like to be in here...so boring! And we would always have to pull in the huge desk chair when we had anyone over for dinner. Obnoxious.



After: The color is a bit more....vibrant than in the picture, and I'm not quite done yet, still curtains and some sort of art for the big wall. But it is much more "fun". !! I like it :)



So that was my last week! Now on to my craft/computer room! I'm on an organizing and cleaning crusade!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

You are awesome- keep up the good work! Do enough for me too, because it ain't happenin here!