Monday, April 4, 2011

I did it.....and LIVED!!

So after living in Alaska, Utah and Colorado all but about 3 years of my life....I've never been skiing. Worse than that, my dad is a ski instructor at a resort....and I've never been skiing. Welp, that changed today! We went up to Brian Head this morning, after the ink dried on my last will and testament....No need for the will though! I rocked it!! It was so fun, and after lunch I was "paralleling"...ok. Not perfect, but for a first day I was pleased!! And here's the proof :) I realized after I went up the big hill to take pictures...I had to get down somehow!!





And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the ONLY spill of the day...unfortunately I took out a small child while doing so. The father was not pleased but the kid did get up and finish going down the hill. And technically he ran into me.....which was hard to avoid seeing as how I severely cut him off.

I had a great day, can't wait to go again (after I retrieve my legs...pretty sure I left them on the mountain somewhere)..and I'm so pleased my children still have a mother! Thanks dad, for a great day, getting me home safe and more importantly, having fun with something I was scared to do!

3 comments:

WeAreTheRopers said...

Congrats Jo! I'm SO happy you had a good experience!!! Sunshine sure doesn't hurt don't you think? Looks like a gorgeous day!

Ben and Dena said...

You are awesome!!! Now we can ski in CO together!!! Once I graduate the bunny hill of course :)

Hutchins Family said...

lol that is awesome!