Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Eve

I just downloaded some pictures of our Christmas Eve dinner we had....we were too big to fit in Sue's house, so we set up in the RS room of the church and had a little program.  I was "in charge"...I use the term loosely :)  It all worked out in the end.

I was in charge of the hot chocolate bar...it was really fun.  I made a white chocolate and a hot chocolate.  We had 4 different kinds of 'mallows, peppermint, vanilla, gingerbread and regular.  Here are some spoons I made..dipped in white chocolate and then sprinkled with peppermint or toffee chips.  Yummy.  I also did it in chocolate, but somehow didn't get those pics.


After dinner we had the kids act out the Nativity.  We had gotten some old sheets from the goodwill and fashioned some costumes.  The two oldest grandkids narrated and then the rest acted it out.  It turned out so cute and fun...

Joseph was not so thrilled to be Joseph

Apparently Blake was excited to be a shepherd though, while Kai was concentrating very hard...

Can you spot my little angel visiting the shepherds?!

The shepherds visiting baby Jesus

The Wise Men visiting baby Jesus

The final bow.  The kids loved it, and the parents laughed the whole time, it was great.  I was behind the scenes, helping the kids go out on time and come back on time, they were so anxious and excited and loved it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, the hot chocolate bar sounds REALLY fun! And yummy!

Ben and Dena said...

Looks like it turned out great!!! And you worried for nothing :) Glad it was so fun!