Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Manitou Cliff Dwellings

So I was a nerd last week (well, I'm a nerd most days, but especially last week).  When we were at the Outlet Malls in Castle Rock I picked up a ton of tourist brochures.  We are super into exploring our state right now, and what better way to find things to do!  So I got the Cliff Dwellings brochure, and we figured why the heck not!  I had a day off of work and it sounded fun!  So today was the day.  We went with Grandma and Gigi and had a great day trip.  Here's a million pictures to show the day :)





We were able to climb all around behind and in the dwellings, it was really fun.  Then you come out and see all the faces of the buildings, it's really awesome.









Kissing the Indian for....good luck?  Yes, good luck.



The weirdest part of the Museum.  Yeah, just weird.

Also weird.


Then we went to downtown Manitou Springs and had lunch at this fun cafe.  It was the cutest little downtown...then again, I'm a huge sucker for awesome street shops.



If you went in behind some of the shops, there was this old school Arcade area, but it was in several buildings and I can only imagine what it would be like with all the lights on and so awesome!!

Kai in the Batmobile :)

KiKi refusing to get in the Batmobile


Kai took this pic of me, he's doing pretty good with his photog skillz!

We had so much fun and we're looking forward to our next adventure!

No comments: