Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Words...

There are some words in the English language that are just fantastic. Dessert, Caribbean, Family, Happiness, Vacations, just to name a few of my favorites. I added one this week. Benign. Weird word when you look at it, but can hold a lot of power. I have had a "spot" on my back that I have been pretty concerned about for a long time now, I was afraid it was melanoma. I was afraid to get pregnant, because if it was cancer, obviously not a good thing, afraid to go out into the sun and make it worse, etc. Finally I faced my fear (after over a year, yes I know, next time it will be much sooner), figured whatever the outcome it needed to be taken care of, so I went in to the doctor. She relieved all my fears, told me she was 95% sure it was a benign tumor and we could take care of it. So next month I go in to have it removed, they'll biopsy it just to be sure, but then all that will remain is a sweet scar! Such a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Just knowing what it isn't is such a huge relief. Benign....what a great word!

2 comments:

Ben and Dena said...

YEAH!! So excited.... I like that word too! You know what else is a good word.... shopping... you forgot that one!

Jolene said...

I totally forgot that one. It's probably the best one out there!