Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MLK Day Fun

We went and played in UT over president's day weekend. We got to see my sister from MO, and her new boyfriend, and my sister from northern UT and her hubby. Unfortunately my brother is still on lock down ;) with the police and couldn't come out, and we missed them. But we had a lot of fun...especially in St. George, my most favorite city in the world!

We decided to take Sean (MO sister's bf) up the canyon the first day they got to my parents house. There is a ski resort about 20 minutes up the canyon, and if you take a side road you can get to a lake. Well we knew we wouldn't make it up all the way to the lake, but the rocks are so cool up there, we had to go part way. We HAD to go part way, against all advice from the experienced.....and thus we had an experience!



Ooohhh.....how pretty......

Yes, yes, lovely...mmmm hhhmmm......

Hmmm? What was that? Why aren't we going anywhere?

Oh.

Welcome to the family Sean!

Thankfully it was a beautiful day, it only took about an hour to get out....probably would have happened sooner if we had realized we had taken it OUT of 4 wheel drive.... and not put it IN 4 wheel drive like we thought....hehehe.....he. moving on.


The red rocks are always fun. We used to live in St. George when I was little, and we'd go play on them, and we have pictures of us hiding in all the holes....it is so awesome to have the same pictures of my son hiding in the holes. Last time we were there he was so hesitant and didn't want to do anything but this year he LOVED it. He was all over the rocks, giving his mom a heart attack half the time! Here's a few of my favorite pics.













Some family pics.....

The three girls!

All the girls with dad :)



And to finish off the trip, on our way back home we stopped at Georgetown Lake and walked across it. Okay, like 15 ft across it. It was cold! And scary. :(


My dad and I were talking about how fun it is to be able to share these experiences with our kids. When Cameron and I were first pregnant we were a little disappointed that we wouldn't be able to do all the things we wanted, but being able to show Kai all these awesome things, and to watch the excitement and joy he has doing this stuff with us is a million times better. I love my little family!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

Isn't it wonderful? I love the babies! And yet... sometimes it is a trial. However, definitely better with them than without them. I find myself being tempted to add to the fam... and then I come to my senses!