Monday, April 6, 2009

When does imagination become dangerous?

When your 3 year old son goes to the front door, unlocks it, and welcomes in Wall-E, who has come to visit, while you are otherwise occupied.

Yeah. It freaked me out when I heard the front door opening, so I race to it, and Kai is standing there. He looks at me and smiles and said Wall-E came to visit. So he opened the door, told Wall-E to come in, then closed the door, re-locked it and showed Wall-E upstairs. He then watched a movie with us, and Kai fed him imaginary bananas and snacks and not so imaginary chips, that Kai had to help with. A little while later we had another visitor...Eva (Wall-E's girlfriend, for those who haven't seen it). I convinced him to just yell at Eva to come in, rather than go open the door again.

I don't think I really ever expected it! I don't know if that's because I don't remember if I ever did that or what, but now that it's here...it's hilarious! And slightly dangerous!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

THat's hilarious! Next time tell him Brook is at the door! He'll probably run down to double-check that it's locked :)