Friday, September 18, 2009

Big Brother

So Kai is very into being a big brother. He is very concerned with eating the right foods to make him big and strong. I asked him what he wanted for lunch today and he told me that while macaroni and cheese is good and makes his body happy he needed a dinosaur sandwich to make him big and strong. This kid cracks me up! So dinosaur sandwich it was! He also is into taking care of "Beary" his new baby? and making sure he is taken care of. Here is a picture of him getting Beary ready for his nap time, I couldn't resist taking a picture :)
He made sure that Beary had his book ready. What was so cute is that it took him like 10 minutes to get everything "just right". So cute, I love it!

And for my family who doesn't get to see the hugeness I am becoming...a few pictures! Ok, I use the term huge loosely, but I will say that I wasn't this big with Kai until about 7 months....so for me to be almost 5 and this big is something...no matter what anyone says! And the pictures are not great, it's hard to see with the shadows, but here you go anyway! (And I am bigger than this already too, this was a week or two ago)



Kai kissing his baby sister :) We took him to the appointment with us so he could see the baby and when we told him it was a girl he started jumping up and down around the room clapping. Pretty sure he would have done that with a boy too....but it followed my sentiments exactly! And he loves the ultrasound pictures, he can point out her nose and lips on the profile and he loves to look at his sister. Too cute!
And for those wondering, no, we don't have a name picked out. We actually have decided we are not going to tell the name until after she is born. There have to be some surprises! So there you have it! Baby girl Monteath until after she is born. I'll try to keep pictures updated for you Kaylynn and Rachel!

4 comments:

Cardon Family said...

YEA!!! A sweet baby GIRL!!!! She is going to be beautiful! You look absolutey stunning. I swear, you really do glow!

Cardon Family said...

Oops it's Alisa Hillan under Cardon Family:).

Jolene said...

I thought it was you, wasn't sure though!!! Thanks, we are so excited it's a girl!! The glow is probably just the sweat...this kid is killing me already!! Thank goodness it'll be winter for the rest of the pregnancy!

Unknown said...

You are so cute! I wish I looked that cute! Instead, I just look like I have muffin top and acne face.

Kai is SOOO cute! He's going to be a great big brother!