Monday, September 14, 2009

Kai-isms

So Kai has been cracking us up lately. He will come up with these sayings that we have never heard him say before, that are perfect timing, and we don't even know where the heck they come from! A week ago after church Kai and dad were wrestling upstairs on our bed, Kai's favorite game. Well Kai comes downstairs a few minutes later and curls up on the chair and starts pouting. Cameron asks him what's wrong...

Dad: What's wrong bug?
Kai: My life is ruined!
Dad: (Trying not to laugh hysterically).....uh, your life is ruined?
Kai: Uh-huh.
Dad: Why is your life ruined?
Kai: You keep fighting me.

That's all. Where he even heard the phrase his life is ruined, we have no idea. How it came into that context, we have no idea! So random.

Friday night we were at Cameron's soccer game and I had a pain in my side, so I was holding my belly. Kai comes over, sees me holding it and that it hurts, looks at me with the most concerned look I've seen on a 3 year old, tells me the baby is starting and we have to go to the doctor! We haven't ever told him what will happen, I don't watch the baby shows or anything like that. How weird?! Then he proceeded to tell a friend the next morning that mom was having a girl and when the baby started we had to rush to the doctor. Where does he get this stuff?! And it's not like it's incorrect and made up, but it's things we have never told him or said, and he just pulls it out at the right moment? Just to clear up something, we don't actually know what we are having yet! Kai goes back and forth every time we ask what he thinks we are having...and no, it's not twins one of each, we already know that!

Last night took the cake though. We were upstairs in my bedroom, Cameron was trying on some new jeans we had got him awhile ago (he loves that he can wear jeans and shorts at his new job!). So he was trying them out, and they were a different fit than his normal ones. They were a little "lower" rise, and a little tighter around the hips. So Cameron starts swinging his hips around, commenting about his hip action and something about his money maker, being a nerd as usual! Kai meanwhile had been eating some dessert....looks up at dad and says.....You said it, Boy! What?! You said it boy? Where did that come from?! We were cracking up so hard. So funny.

We sure love our boy! He's going to be a great big brother!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh today! I was cracking up and Bricen (my 4 year old cousin that I watch) kept asking me what I was laughing about...

Anyway. When are you going to put some pictures up? :) Just teasing. Everyone keeps asking me for pictures, and that's about the LAST thing I want to be doing right now!

Jolene said...

Pictures coming soon!! I took some this weekend, but they didn't turn out well (it was night outside and with the shadows in the house it was hard to tell what was belly and not) so I will take some more tonight with Cameron and post them tomorrow....with an announcement!