Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What is normal?

I ask this question, because we woke up to record breaking lows this morning...it got down to -17 last night. My husband assures me this is "abnormal". But I have to say, since I have moved here 2 1/2 years ago...no season has actually been "normal". It's always hotter than normal, or colder than usual, or drier than usual or more wet than we normally get. So I ask again, what is normal? The only consistent answer I get is "That's Colorado for you"....and I have to say...that gets old REAL fast. I don't think people here actually know what normal or consistent is. Not to say it doesn't make for some interesting days, and it's easy to strike up a conversation about the weather, because it's always doing something different than expected and "normal".

I think he's just saying that to give me hope and to get me to stay here ;) Good thing I like change.

No comments: