Friday, February 4, 2011

Gift

So I had bought Kennedi this CUTEST purple dress for her birthday.....but I got too anxious and she wore it two weeks ago. This left me without a gift for her. (you may think I'm stingy with only one gift....but she's one. I'm not going to break the bank). So what to do? Well I've been wanting to try my hand at sewing quilts. So I started the top of this quilt months ago, then when I tried to machine quilt it, it jacked up. Bad. So, I put it aside for oh 6 months. Then I decided it'd make a great gift for my baby girl. Plus it's in the style of how I want to make her bedding (note: style, not color) so I thought I'd give it another shot. Did some research, figured out what went wrong the first time, bought the right foot, and voila!! It worked!! Now, it's FAR from perfect, but I love it, and it's given me the courage to try again, and to do it better this time!! So here it is!

happy birthday Kennedi!






I wanted something bright and happy and would hopefully photograph well with her :) I think I got it!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

it turned out so cute Jo!!! I love it!!!