Monday, October 10, 2011

Dining Al Fresco

Sunday marks Cameron and I's 7 year anniversary!  Can't believe he's put up with me that long!  Can't believe I've put up with him that long!!  It's been a good, tough, challenging, growing year and I'm excited to get started on number 8!  I decided that to properly celebrate our 7 years together, we would do "Seven Days of Anniversary".  Get it?  Like 12 days of Christmas?  Clever, right?  Yeah.  I'm awesome.  So it started today!

Day One.  Cameron got a note with his stuff in the morning telling him Happy Anniversary Week and to come home hungry for Al Fresco.  I figured he wouldn't know what it meant.  He didn't.  But he looked it up and figured out it meant to "eat outside".  He still didn't know what I had up my sleeve.  Wanna see what I had planned?


This is our "backyard" aka common space behind our row of buildings.  I love it and have always wanted to eat outside here!


So out came the card table, folding chairs, tablecloth and just about anything I could scrounge around my house!  I used pillowcases for the "chair covers"....pretty ghetto, but I was working with what I had!  Cut me some slack :)  I grabbed a vase, mason jar, pumpkin, a candle and some scrap fabric and came up with this for a centerpiece.



Thanks to mother nature turning our leaves I had the perfect thing to fill my vase!  Here's some close-ups, I thought it was so pretty!




I also hung a few mason jars from the tree with some tea lights, it was fun.



Cameron got home, dinner was ready, so we went out back to have some fun!  It was a well received surprise and we had a great time eating outside!  Something all you people with yards take for granted!!!  Enjoy your space!!

Nothing like mom with a camera while you're eating :)



Kai snapped a picture of us.  It IS our anniversary after all!



Kai and Kennedi. 

She wouldn't smile, so he tried...something.  I'll be honest, this is one of those "I was there but have no idea what was going on moments"...

When all else fails, there's always brute force.


And after a big dinner of baked ziti, what else is there to do but run it off?!



We had a great night on Anniversary Week Day 1!  More to come :)

3 comments:

Ben and Dena said...

Good times. I'm glad you guys had fun! And this is the perfect time to do it because no bees!

Sare said...

AHH!! I love it!!! it was so pretty!!! YEAH for eating outside!!!

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful! Congrats!