Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scary

So if you follow my Instagram pics, I posted a picture last night of some crazy weather we've been having.  Combined with that, all the fires all over Colorado, Cameron's sister's family being evacuated in UT (in the middle of a suburb subdivision no less)....I've decided it's time to get prepared.  Hopefully it's not too late.  I've felt kinda panicky all day...the kind where it finally shoves me into action, ya know?  So all day I've been doing some research, making lists, and putting things together.  Tomorrow is shopping day and start putting 72 hour packs together.  It feels good, at least putting my mind together, you know?  I've been following this gals' blog

http://www.yourownhomestore.com/would-you-be-ready/

and I am feeling good, despite the fact I don't have anything to take out the door with me.  But I will!  Soon!  If you have any tips or tricks or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments.  Next family home evening is going to be our Emergency Plan night where we all get on the same page and hopefully will be able to finish up our packs, if they're not done already.  Better safe than sorry, right?

It probably helps I decided to do this on a thunderstorm day :)

And since my posts are super boring without pics...here's the picture I posted last night.  It's from my camera on my way to work...and in interest of full disclosure I took it a couple weeks ago :)

No comments: