Monday, October 27, 2008

You know those times...

where you're faced with an embarrassing situation....you know it's embarrassing, you should feel embarrassed, but you think it's too hilarious to even feel embarrassed? Then later, you feel embarrassed because you should have been embarrassed but you weren't? Confusing situations. Well, I had one of those this weekend. Lets set the scene.

Scene: Halloween party at friends house. Dinner, friends....LOTS of people, mostly strangers, trying to get acquainted. Lots of little kids running around, everyone eating dinner.

Good?

Situation: People standing, sitting, all over, eating the great dinner. All of a sudden a woman is heard saying, "Uh, naked kid running around." In my head I'm laughing, because, poor mother, and thank goodness my kid has never done that. Right? I probably even chuckled out loud, not too worried. Then, I hear someone say, "KAI!". What was that?! I turn around, and sure enough, my 2 1/2 year old son is walking around without pants or diaper, examining a car he had found. Completely oblivious to the 30 random strangers that have now seen his business.

I get up from the table, laughing hysterically, because really, my son has never done this, not even at home. What in the world possessed him to do this at someone's house?! I asked him what happened, where were his pants?, and this is what I got, "Actually mom, downstairs". OH, okay, because that explains EVERYTHING.

So (after I get a diaper on him, because who knows where his other one was, and it's not like he needs to be naked anymore, I think we got that one sufficiently covered), we go downstairs, and sure enough, there are his pants, on the third to bottom stair. Who strips on the stairs anyway? Were they that much of a hindrance that they had to be taken off that moment? So we find the pants, one down one to go, and start looking for the diaper. I finally find it, on the very opposite side of the room. ??? Really Kai? Really?!

So we get the pants back on, dispose of the diaper, the whole time I'm asking for an explanation (while still laughing hysterically btw) and get nothing but, "Actually, downstairs".

Yes son. Downstairs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That story made me the happiest person in the world!

Ben and Dena said...

Um.... that is HILAROIUS! And you shouldn't be embarrased, because it is too darn funny! Oh that kid, how I miss him!

Unknown said...

That is the best Jo! How nice would it be to be a little person again and to not have any feelings what so ever about being seen naked! hehe! FREEDOM! I love it! By the way, I didn't know we had to same background. hehe! I think you had it first and I didn't realize it was the one you used. We have good taste obviously! Love ya!