Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

We celebrated our Halloween last night with a 3 ward Trunk or Treat. It was crazy!! But so fun! We had a few different appearances last night....next year I'm determined we're going to coordinate and it's going to be awesome, I have it all planned out and I will actually make them!

Iron Man showed up for the candy...and boy did he get his fair share! I definitely do not feel bad he can't go out tonight! But he's so good about sharing, and he knows my favorite candy, so he surprises me with it :) What a cutie.




We had a butterfly fly in for a while. She was a trooper and got many a compliment!



My poor sleepy butterfly! Or was it a disdainful tolerance of the proceedings. Hmmm..



And if you look in that picture (above) you can see the Chilean Miner that showed up. Chilean Miner #21 to be exact.

And here he is in front of his collapsed mine. No really, it collapsed. It was supposed to stand up and we had mining sounds and a lantern and all sorts of cool stuff but the dang wind didn't cooperate. So at the last minute I convinced Cameron to let it be the collapsed mine.


And what was I you may ask? (And if you don't, how rude.) WELL, Chilean Miner #21 had a story (that I thought the whole time was a joke...turns out jokes on me) that when he came out of the mine/was rescued, he invited both his wife and his mistress to be there. Turns out only his mistress showed up. But MY Chilean miner had both show up.....


WIFE


MISTRESS





(you can click to make bigger if you feel the need to see the shame larger than life)

And if you're wondering, yes, I dressed in both...I just cut up two shirts, made them one, then cut up a skirt (all found at a thrift store, I didn't actually own a pink tiger shirt). It was befuddling to most, then once they found out the story they laughed. Next years will be much easier to understand :)

Oh dear.

1 comment:

WeAreTheRopers said...

Turned out SO well! Happy Halloween!