Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Run Run Run

As fast as you can!!

So my friend Debbie just finished her SECOND marathon...mind you this is just a mere 6 months after her 4th baby. Yeah, pretty much awesome. So it got me thinking again about my running goals. THEN I came across this article today in LDS Living. This LDS marathoner has run a marathon on EVERY continent. Yes you read that right! Even Antarctica, which btw she said was the hardest, given the elements. I didn't even know you could go there, let alone race! Her favorite she said was the Great Wall of China. Yeah, that'd be pretty awesome! So my new goals. I've been wanting to do a marathon, but I have now altered that to be one on every continent! I know it's pretty far fetched, and let's face it. I'd have to actually start running to do it. Nothing like big lofty goals! And realistically my next goal is a 10k or half marathon (depending on my shape level by then) in Boulder next spring. But it's a start! So wish me luck, check up on me and keep me accountable!! And hey, if you want to go run the great wall with me, or peek in on some penguins...start training with me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My friend and I decided that we are going to do a team triathlon together (I'm doing the swimming portion). You should do it with us (or with me! She's pretty busy and may not do it!)