Monday, June 20, 2011

Historic Cove Fort

So in Southern Utah, at the junction of I70 and I15 is Cove Fort. A church history site that's pretty cool! My uncle and aunt are currently serving a mission there, and it's right on the way to my parents house! So when we went to visit last week, we stopped by and said hello, and got a tour!

The ginormous doors of the fort. They're so big and heavy they had to turn them upside down to distribute weight better...or something like that...




See the letters upside down?! I told you they hung them upside down!


A flag at their "post office"...it only has 37 stars on it..pretty cool!



A drawing of the Nauvoo Temple...awesome



A drawing of the Salt Lake Temple. I thought it was an actual picture, it was so realistic. But the Temple hadn't been completed yet when Cove Fort was built. It was pretty neat to see that the Temple turned out exactly how they envisioned it.



Us on top of the fort.



A carriage in the barn, it was so pretty!



Kai learning to play the hoop game.



It was so fun, and we're excited to go back!

1 comment:

Sare said...

Dude! We pass that every time we go to UT, and I always want to stop, but never do. Maybe we will this time...So cool!!