Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Irony

oh how I love thee. It's ironic that the week preceding our nation's birthday, celebrating our independence, remembering the rights and freedoms we enjoy....I get called to jury duty. It actually was very enlightening, and I enjoyed my time....as much as you can enjoy determining whether someone should be sentenced for a possible crime or not. But....it was kid free! Adult time! Only a stay at home mom would enjoy jury duty for those reasons....

We also had one other visit from irony. Again on the weekend we are celebrating our independence....my husband suddenly became much LESS independent. Let's consult the pictures.

Saturday morning after playing basketball.....before we went to urgent care.






Monday afternoon....swelling has somehow gone down and increased at the same time...and we have a lovely shade of bruising going on.



What you can't see pictured here is the severe case of elephantitis we have going on. I'm not gonna lie people...it ain't pretty. Thank goodness I never loved him for his feet.

Turns out it most likely is NOT broken, just severely rolled/twisted/janked. He's been on crutches since Sat morning and we've gone through more ice than some small countries use in a year. Poor guy. What am I saying. Poor ME! I now have three children to take care of. But I don't mind. I'm sure this counts as extra blessings and will tip me over the edge into heaven. Right? Right?????

1 comment:

Sare said...

I really hope it's healing, and he's not hurting as much, but I have to say it's kinda gross...made my stomach do flippies...poor guy!