Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tis the season

And apparently it's been a while since I've been on here! We've had a few things going on....trying to get ready for Christmas!

Kennedi is getting a mostly handmade Christmas.  She is in love with babies of all kinds (real and not so real), so I'm making her a baby bed (it's half way done!) and I made her a little quilt to go on top of it.


She saw it a few weeks ago and was like "OH!!  MINE!!"  She was pretty excited for it.  But it's been hidden away since then. 

We also started a new tradition that I really like and the kids are LOVING it!  I wrapped up a bunch of Christmas books and we have been picking one every night and reading it next to the tree.  There are some silly ones and serious ones, long and short, and it's been really fun! 
The only problem was the first night we did it Kennedi thought we could open all the presents under the tree!  Poor girl was a bit confused and upset.  But she's on board now and loving it!  This is my favorite one so far, it's totally vintage, in great shape, and the illustrations are amazing!




In other news, we have more decorations up!  Stockings have been hung and Kai wrote his letter to Santa.  I didn't even get to read it.  He put it in his stocking, with instructions to Santa that he can keep the letter :)  So cute.  I'm sure Santa will be pleased.


Our nativity is out, to help remind us the reason for the season.



Kai came home with the perfect decoration for our walls.  He made him in class!
His name is Elfie the Elf.  Or Buddy the Elf.  Depends on the day.  And time.  And general feeling of the household.

And a true sign it's Christmas around here, we finally got our annual treat basket from the owners of Cameron's company.  They are amazing (the owners.  Well, the treats are too) and it's always a reminder of how blessed we are for Cameron to have such a good job!

Happy Holidays!  I'm hoping to blog a couple more times before Christmas, but that would require finishing a few projects...so we'll see!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE all the decorations! Our house is in boxes right now, so we only get to enjoy the tree.

I love the doll quilt! Kara is obssessed with "dowies" too, so Santa is bringing her a new dolly, and I have been making her some doll clothes. Great minds think alike!