Thursday, September 25, 2008

When did the cosmic forces start hating me?

Seriously. I've never been too accident prone, never had anything too major happen, or klutzy accidents....until about the past month. And now I can't stop them from happening. First in volleyball I think I break or fracture my wrist....thank goodness it was most likely a burst bursa sac. But in a side note, I played again this week, and hurt it again, although not nearly as bad, still painful, and stupid. Then, just days after that, I'm building the shelf we bought....sure did slice my thumb open good...on the back side, between my knuckle and fingernail.....how does that happen? And it goes deep man, and major painful. So then, as it has just healed the past couple days, today...grating a 5lb block of cheese, and sure do slice my thumb/fingernail.....oh yeah, the same one......ripped my fingernail half off....that was fun. And for those of you who may be coming over for dinner anytime soon.....don't worry, nothing happened to the cheese or the grater. My fingernail was the only casualty....eat in peace. So I ask again.....when did the cosmic forces start hating me?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a fully cringe-worthy post today! I hope next time you have something less accident prone to write about! (For yours AND the cheese's sake). But seriously... Ouch!

Randi said...

Ewwww. Totally cringing for you over here.
I'm so sorry!

Here's hoping that the cosmic forces have been appeased by your bloody cheese sacrifice.

Unknown said...

OWE!...I hope your finger is feeling better. I too have had my own trouble with the cosmic forces!...Sadly it has lasted my whole life..and not seeming to go away anytime soon. My most recent was almost cutting my finger off while chopping lettuce! hehe of all things. I had stitches and now a cool scar! I guess Kai passed his bad luck onto you..although jumping on the bed isn't really bad luck but you know! Anyway, I love you tonz & miss you!

Ben and Dena said...

The cosmos are punishing you for not making me stay in Colorado with you!!!! The only way to appease them now is to move to Boise...... :)