Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Compromises

You know, I'm coming to realize life is full of compromises. If you want certain things, you have to sacrifice others. These all work out for our benefit...if we're smart about it.

Kai is learning there are compromises too. In fact, we made a compromise last night. He was told that he'd have to shower today. Well, he informed us that he didn't ever want to shower again. I made him a deal. He didn't ever have to shower again, but as soon as he started smelling bad, he couldn't live in my house any more. He thought it a tad unfair, but I was firm. We shook hands on the deal.

He'll be showering today. And if he doesn't, I know a 5 year old that will be looking for a place to stay for a while....

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

love it! I need to keep this in mind for Brook- she is the HARDEST child to get into the tub!