Tuesday, July 5, 2011

he makes me melt like a popsicle...

on the fourf of july. (name that movie)

Despite injuries previously mentioned (cough,cough), we had a fantastic 4th of July weekend! Monday morning we woke up, got on our patriotic garb and went to our wards annual pancake breakfast. They had pancakes. It was good. Then the kids went on a bike parade...and a very large uncle Sam showed up!! We have the best ward members!! They're awesome!




There's Kai! (in the blue shirt with the back turned. The one concentrating VERY hard on not getting run over, while not being last, who later informed us he WAS last and had to peddle super fast and good thing his legs are super awesome.)




After the exhausting breakfast we all came home for a nap (except yours truly...no naps for the wicked) and then went to grandma's for bbq. Then off to the country club for fireworks! I tried to get some pictures of Kennedi....yeah. We'll move past that subject. I'm still a little bitter.




It's just that I dressed her up SO cute, she was adorable in her little dress and headband with the flower, and she wouldn't even let me take ONE picture. Not one decent, one tiny, one itty bitty picture. Gosh.

You probably don't even believe me. Most people think she's a doll. You need proof, you say?

She-devil Exhibit A:


She-devil Exhibit B:


She-devil Exhibit C:


She-devil Exhibit D:


She-devil Exhibit E: notice she's not even looking at me now? She's mastered the art of ignoring. Heaven help me.



I could go on....but there's some saying about beating a dead horse..? Anyway. Before we went to the fireworks I did manage to get this picture of her in the car. My womanly and motherly intuition told me it might be my only chance.


It'll have to do.


Regardless of devil-children, the fireworks were fun.



(I know that's not the best/most high quality picture...and in fact, technically sucks (industry term, I believe) but I love that there are people in it, and it just sets the scene for me. So I like it :)

We had a great 4th!!! Hope you did to :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the fireworks picture.

oh, and thanks for the good laugh! Too funny! Don't feel too bad though, Kara had her mouth full in all of my pictures!