Monday, July 11, 2011

Jungle Love

My sister in law is having a baby in a few weeks and Saturday was her baby shower. Well because I'm a total slacker and only had 8 months prior to try and make something, I was scrambling Wednesday night to get fabric together to make her a cute blanket! Well, I hoped it'd be cute. It was a style I hadn't done before. So I left the kiddos with the hubster, went to the store and came back totally excited and inspired! After some tears late Friday night** and a quick last minute washing Saturday morning, I had a blanket to give her!





She wants her nursery to be "jungle" and "sports". I'll give you two guesses as to why the sports with the jungle, and one of them is her husband is my husband's brother. 'nuff said. But I didn't like the sports idea, so I vetoed it. The privileges of the SIL.





The back is a soft green checkered flannel, super cuddly!


She loved it, which is all that matters. But I loved it too!

**and thanks to the aforementioned hubster, who talked me through the tears and made me finish :) I owe him one.

**PS if you're wondering why my pictures are fuzzy, I do actually know how to focus, the problem is my lens doesn't. Has something to do with juice from a sippy cup meeting said lens and not getting along. Boo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out so nice! I love rag quilts--I've done like 8 or 9 of them! Love all the colors--great job!

BTW, what SIL is having a baby?

Jolene said...

Thanks! I loved the colors/patterns together, it was so fun to put together. Lacey, Gavin's wife is having the baby!