Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bird of Prey

So I email my dear husband yesterday, and let him know he had a situation that he was going to have to take care of when he got home. Let's just say it involved a quickly slamming bathroom door and a pillow to block up the space under the door so this....THING could not escape. He laughed and there was slight mocking going on, though he tried to be nice about it. His co-workers also got a good laugh. I didn't care. Once he saw this thing, he would laugh no more. I even got a hard time about it from my mom (understandably, because she was the go to for trapping/killing/releasing things...sorry dad, but you know it's true!). And I have to say in my defense, that if Cameron is gone and I see something that sends shivers up my spine, I gather myself together and take care of it. Because it'd be far worse to let it roam free and try to have Cameron find it later. But this. This was not one of those times.

Ok, so it was just a bumblebee. But this bumblebee was the LARGEST in HISTORY. I'm not even kidding, I was afraid if it got out of the bathroom it would carry away my baby to the mother nest and then come back for Kai. And as proof that I'm not making this up, when Cameron finally got upstairs last night to remove the beast, he freaked out when he saw it and said (and I quote) "That's not a bee, that's a freakin' bird"....it was so large. We have since joked about the horse of a bee that was in our bath. Cameron was brave and took care of it...my true hero.

Evidence:

Bird of Prey



Stats: 2 inches long almost 1" wide and at LEAST 5 lbs. Ok, exaggerating on the weight part, but totally serious that this thing was huge.

The End.

And P.S. How in the WORLD did this thing get in my bathroom in the first place?

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

Good grief! That thing is huge!!! I'm glad you're all still alive to talk about it!