Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A lesson in humility and love

It's amazing what your kids can teach you. This morning Kai was playing MarioKart on the Wii (our favorite activity to do together as a family!) and he asked if I wanted to play. Well he likes the battles and I like the races. This is how our conversation went:

Me: I'll play if we can do the races.
Kai: Well I really want to do the penny one (battle)
Me: Well you can play that and then I'll play when you want to do the races.
Kai: Mom, I want you to be happy so we can play the races. I want you to be happy.

If any of you were wondering I did play the battles with him, how could I not want HIM to be happy? Then when we were getting ready to start the game...

Kai: And mom, never give up. You can do it, you're great.

Love my kiddo.

No comments: