Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Great Gingerbread House Debate (GBHD)

Last night we stayed up WAY too late decorating gingerbread houses. And it was awesome and SO fun, I can't wait for next years! This is going to be a great tradition. The only problem? Whose is better? (actually I know, but I won't say). So YOUR vote is needed. Please leave a comment and tell us which one you like better. We promise no feelings will be hurt! Tell us why, too. It'll help for future competitions :)

Without further ado, I give you GBHD 2010.

Welcome our first competitor: "Lemon Fruitcake".




With a peppermint roof and peachy-o wreaths, this quaint chalet home is a welcome reprieve for any weary holiday go-er. Living by the motto "More is Better", this home will not disappoint.




Next up we have "Tim Burton Meets Candyland".


A true sweet treat, this cottage has all you could desire and more. With stunning architecture and a whimsical setting this home will have you dreaming of sugar plums all night long.




Unlike the Lemon Fruitcake, this dazzling cottage lives by simple means...and does it beautifully.



Finally we have our third entry: "Christmas at the Barnyard".


If city living isn't your thing, come visit the barnyard for a Country Christmas. With shingle roofing, a fenced in yard and a chimney for Santa Clause, you're sure to have a very Merry Christmas with time to get back to your roots. Follow the brick path to enter a magical wonderland.




Thank you for reviewing our entries for GBHD 2010. Please take the time to vote.

8 comments:

Sare said...

OH MY CUTE!!! I like the second one. It was the icicles. They are so pretty!!!

Brooke Overson said...

I like the second the best. However I think that all three are great!!

Howie C. Norton said...

My order of judging:
3rd Place: The first one; Lemon Fruitcake

2nd Place: The second one; Tim Burton Meets Candyland

1st Place: Christmas at the Barnyard

Lemon fruitcake is very nice but looks unfinished with the ends open on the roof.

Tim Burton Meets Candyland is actually my favorite built gbh, the icicles and roofline etc. But I can't stand Tim Burton! Really, I hate the guy! 2nd place by title only!

Christmas at the Barnyard wins by default, Tim Burton killed the other one. Very nicely done with the fence and driveway to the barn.

Wonderful tradition!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the second one.

Lori said...

#1- is #2
#2- is #3
#3- is #1

haha that looks funny. Guess I should explain, the first number is the placement the second number is the number of house. However, they all kick my gingerbreads houses trash so... No losers in my book!!

Unknown said...

I love #2. My second fav is #3. #2 just stood out, I liked the shape of it. I do have to say that #3 looks awesome and whoever did it was SO creative, I love em all! Great job. Overall #2

Anonymous said...

Ok you out our gingerbread house to shame! They are all super cute! I love the 1st one!

John and Dana Lyn said...

Those are so cute! I really like the Tim Burton house. :) Great job with the snow and icicles. I love the cute little door too. The barn yard comes in a close second. Loved the shingles on the barn roof! So creative! Honorable mention goes to the peach house. My daughter liked all the candy canes! :) Great job!