Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The RESULTS are in!

Thank you to all those who voted via FB, Blog and in person for the GBHD 2010!! We had a lot of fun doing it, and it turned out closer than I expected! Without further ado....

THE RESULTS

In third place with 2 votes, we have LEMON FRUITCAKE. The creator of this house (and name BTW) was my genius son, Kai! He did a great job and had fun with it!

One more time...Lemon Fruitcake


In second place with 5 votes....(drum roll please) CHRISTMAS AT THE BARNYARD. This one was mine folks, and I have to admit as soon as I saw my husbands, (the winner) I knew I was toast. I did enjoy a few creative things, the shingles, etc. And I was pleased as punch to get as many votes as I did!! Thank you!

One more time, Christmas at the Barnyard!


The WINNER with 7 votes. Tim Burton Meets Candyland!! Yes folks, my husband is a rock star! At least a gingerbread house making rock star!! His is genius, simple and beautiful. My personal favorite.

One more time, the winner :)


However. I feel I need to end with this. When asking my parents to vote, this is the response I got:

Having purchased and lived in more than my share of residences and properties I find myself to be somewhat of an expert, albeit self proclaimed, but an expert none the less. Therefore I find myself in an interesting position of being asked to judge a competition on the best house. Having studied said residences I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to judge said residences in the manner that has been requested. My reasoning being as follows; Upon close inspection and observation I submit that said houses are together a complete unit, a cohesive, intermingled, collection of buildings that together form a perfect, ideal living environment. For example; We have the main house, the Tim Burton like residence that would house a family comfortably and securely, as well as fashionably and creatively. Secondly, we have the Barn, which looks to be not a barn in the sense of housing beloved animals, but more a refuge for creativity, Perchance a Photography studio? With perhaps a guest room in the loft? And lastly but not in any sense of the imagination least, The Play House. What beloved family property would be complete without a place for the imagination to grow and soar to heights yet unimaginable?
Therefore you see the impossibility of judging in the manner that has been requested. To do so would in my never to be humble opinion be a travesty to an obviously well put together, Heavenly Father sanctified, family that is an outstanding example of working together to build a life rich in love, creativity, and necessities, where all are valued for their intellect and input.
I hereby respectfully, and with a sense of awe and wonder choose the unit as a whole.

1 comment:

Sare said...

That is so SWEET!!! Your parents rock.