Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 2 completed

on Day 5. Is anyone else getting confused?! Frame calendars are done, and I love them! They're not perfect, but they work for now, and it was fun. Here's the process.

Before:




Really, really bad. I got both frames for $7 total from Goodwill. Love 50% off day! I knew I wanted red, I love red (Cameron doubted, but loves it now) and another color. So I went to trusty Walmart and found Krylon spray paint for $2.97 a can. So I got the cherry red and then Celery I think it's called. I should probably check. But I'm not.

I should have taken the glass out before I painted, but I was too lazy, so I just covered it with paper...yeah, that was way more work than just taking it out. So I had to scrape some paint off the glass where it didn't get covered well enough. I am dumb. But I learned my lesson! And here they are now!






Sorry the pictures are so blurry and crooked, I was in a hurry..today's a busy day!

All in all I LOVE the red one..the green not so much, I may change it in the future. I was going to do just red, but I want to throw another color in there, since once I have what I want for the office it's going to be a lot of white, and I thought another color would be nice in there. What color would you suggest?

Off to make cookies, copies and get ready for my first activity as Ward Activity Chair...wish me luck!! Oh and if I can manage to find my magnets this afternoon I will finish my fridge frame...sheesh, lots of frames.... but you probably won't see that till tomorrow anyway, sorry!

2 comments:

Ben and Dena said...

SO so cute! I love them both- the colors are so pretty :)! So how did you write it all on there, is it all erasable? Or are the month lines and day headers permanent?

Jolene said...

I did the lines in permanent marker, but if you do dry erase over the permanent it erases it, so I can change it up. It's pretty awesome.