Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 5 Friday Fun

I saw this picture on a blog and thought it was such a fabulous idea!! I loved it and knew that I had to do it.


So this is my version of it. I wanted a fancy frame, but couldn't find one cheap enough that I loved. Then I found one at walmart for $3, and couldn't beat that. Especially since it sort of matches my hideous fridge. Not that the frame is hideous, because it's not. It's actually cute. But matches.

Before:


After:



The woman who did this on the blog I found took the glass and back off of the frame, put magnets on the back of the frame and then took a plastic sheet protector and fitted it to the size of the back of the frame. Then she takes her kids' art/reports, whatever and slips it into the plastic protector.

My frame was a little different and had like a "door" that you can slip the picture into, instead of just taking the back off, so I did not do the plastic protector. I will say that I put on about a million magnets and my frame does not stay up on it's own...thus the ribbon to help hold it up, and the alphabet thing holding it up as well. But I was wondering as I just loaded these pictures, if I take my glass out it might make the frame light enough to stay up on it's own.

Final thoughts...I love the idea. I love the frame. I would recommend getting super strong magnets (or maybe it's my horrible fridge?). But I love it, and someday when I have a really nice fridge I can't wait to get a super fancy frame!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

OH my gosh I love this idea too!!!! I so am doing one of those!!!!!! :) Thanks for sharing!