Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 6: My momma always said...

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Oh, wait ...no, that was Forrest Gump's momma. MY momma always said, "If you want something done right, do it yourself...especially when it comes to home improvement or projects." Thus my own toolbox when I moved into my first place, and lots and LOTS of teaching by example :)

Bless my husband's heart he has the best of intentions. He just doesn't always follow through or think about anything after I ask him. So while I had asked and we had planned for 4 weeks now to build Kennedi's crib...well let's just say I had to go back to momma's trusty saying. Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful, I ran some errands without the kiddo's and had asked the hubs to have her crib at least started by the time I got home. 1 1/2 hours later I come home and let's just say, I got the privilege of opening the box. Ok ok he helped open the box and take out the parts. Then he got himself ready to go to the movies with Kai for a much needed boys day out. He told me he would help me build it when he got home.

This is what he left me with:



This is what he came home to:



That's right baby. Built it by myself. Well not by myself, I had my trusty helper


It was no small feat as some parts of it required a second person to hold up one side while you fastened the other side...but due to much resourcefulness and some sweet jams to boost the spirits I was able to build it in about an hour. And yes I am very proud of myself...even though it was pretty easy!

The mattress is now in and today's project is to redecorate the room. I'll show the results later!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

You totally rock it Jo. That being said- I LOVE the crib style- so cute!!!!