Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 9 in review

Today's project was to stain my chalkboard. I was originally going to stain it the same color/stain as the top of my butcher block.
*side note- the butcher block has dried considerably more today, so I have high hopes for it! I think maybe the moisture in the air and the non-well ventilated garage is not helping matters? But I will give it more time.*

Well upon closer inspection of the chalkboard I realized it could not be stained. So I painted it instead..the same color I painted the bottom of the butcher block. Are we sensing a theme here?! But if it's going to be in the same room it should probably coordinate. And the white/cream looks so nice with the black. So here's the reviews!

Before:



After:



This picture shows the true color better.


It's a really pretty cream...I think it's actually antique white or cottage white...I'd check, but I think we've established that I'm lazy and refuse to go downstairs to check for a name. So if you're dying to know leave me a comment and I'll tell you, otherwise I may someday mention it randomly in another post. Nothing like a little suspense to keep things interesting, eh?

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

LOVE! That is so cute! Much better than the red! Yay for finishing fun projects!